Mike Robb, music teacher, Irving Middle School
Teacher's Perspective with Mike Robb, music teacher, Irving Middle School
Combine middle school voices with middle school energy and the results are endless.
Mike Robb, music teacher at Irving Middle School, teaches his music and choir classes with an awareness of that potential. Instead of just notes and concepts and rhythm, he teaches
- leadership skills,
- the physics of changing voices,
- handling nerves in front of an audience,
- making music physical, mental and vocal.
Through all that, he strives to find a connection, trying to learn about their interests, whether it's music, basketball or something else.
"Music can provide so many things for a student that can't necessarily be noted on a piece of paper," Robb said.
Watch the video to hear his choirs practice holiday music, and learn more about his teaching style.
It’s official: The Lincoln Board of Education appears likely to call for a special election in February to ask Lincoln voters to approve about $150 million in bonds to pay for a variety of essential facility and infrastructure projects for Lincoln Public Schools.
- LPS to feature second ‘Learning Lunch’
- School Board ponders date of possible bond election
- Hands-on at Huntington
- Amplifications systems continue growth, impact
- LPS high school graduation rate shows steady increase
- LPS Athletics Schedule
- Student and staff honors
- LPS High School Music/Theater Calendar
- More Headlines...