Students lay wreaths at Wyuka Cemetery in 2012.
Laying of Wreaths tradition continues Dec. 14
Wreaths Across America will once again blanket Lincoln’s Wyuka Cemetery.
This year’s memorial wreaths have arrived at Lincoln Northeast High School. The wreaths were sold by the Air Force Junior ROTC program.
At 11 a.m. Saturday, dec. 14 will be placed on the graves at Wyuka Cemetery, with a formal ceremony at the base of the U.S. and service flags.
The memorial wreath sponsorships are apart of a national Wreaths Across America event. They came in the form of Christmas and birthday gifts, and often in honor of a family member as a way of thanking one for their service.
The JROTC program at Lincoln Northeast is open to students from all high schools in Lincoln. The objectives are to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship, promote community service, and instill responsibility, character and self-discipline.
For more information, contact MSgt Trent Woodruff or Lt. Col. Mike Swift, at 402-436-1303.
- LHS students create blankets to share
- Q&A with Jesse Andres, coach of city robotics champions at Goodrich
- Holiday-themed recipes from FCS teachers
- Adams students raise funds, shop for those less fortunate
- Special bond issue election proposed for 2014
- Community News: December 2013
- LPS Athletics Schedule
- Student and staff honors
- LPS High School Music/Theater Calendar
- More Headlines...