Community invited to provide input on 2024-2029 LPS preliminary proposed strategic plan draft
The Lincoln Board of Education wants to hear from staff, students, parents and community members on the roadmap that will guide Lincoln Public Schools’ priorities and next steps.
Everyone is invited to participate in one of the nine community meetings to learn more and provide feedback about the draft proposed vision, draft emerging themes and sample priority language. There will be four meetings happening concurrently on two different nights, and one virtual session. Those interested in providing feedback can select the date and location that is convenient for them.
Oct. 2, 7 p.m.
- North Star High School – 5801 N 33rd Street
- Northwest High School – 4901 W Holdrege Street
- Southeast High School – 2930 S 37th Street
- Southwest High School – 7001 S 14th Street
Oct. 9, 7 p.m.
- East High School – 1000 S 70th Street
- Lincoln High School – 2229 J Street
- Northeast High School – 2635 N 63rd Street
- Standing Bear High School – 11100 S 70th Street
Oct. 30, 7 p.m.
- Virtual session: register at bit.ly/LPSspvirtual to receive the link.
To date, over 1,500 staff, students, parents and community members have already participated in the process. The Lincoln Board of Education began working with consulting firm District Management Group to gather community input and draft a preliminary proposed 2024–2029 LPS Strategic Plan.
The final product will be presented next spring and will represent Lincoln Public School’s commitment to community input and equitable outcomes, align the strategic priorities of the school district with the All Means All action plan, and include themes from the Superintendent’s Transition Report.
More information about the strategic planning process can be found at https://home.lps.org/strategicplan.
Published: September 28, 2023, Updated: September 28, 2023