LPS continues to monitors conditions, making adjustments to athletic competitions as needed
Lincoln Public Schools continues to monitor weather conditions for outdoor athletics and activities after the Excessive Heat Warning was extended into Friday, Aug. 25.
LPS will follow all competition requirements for extreme heat as set by the National Federation of High Schools and Nebraska School Activities Association. This includes:
- Having an athletic trainer at all scheduled competitions using the Wet Bulb Globe Thermometer (WBGT) to monitor readings.
- Competitions will be postponed or canceled if temperatures measured with the WBGT reach the extreme risk level (black).
- Events may be delayed or with more breaks if temperatures measured with the WBGT reach the high level (red).
- If an athletic trainer cannot be on site to monitor conditions, then the event will be rescheduled.
Below is more information about the outdoor competitions scheduled in Lincoln on Friday, Aug. 25:
- Bellevue East vs. Northeast at Beechner Field, moved to 8 p.m. start
- Omaha Benson vs. North Star at UBT Stadium, moved to 8 p.m. start
- Lincoln Southwest vs. Lincoln High at Seacrest Field, moved to 8 p.m. start
- Lincoln High and Northeast boys invitational at Woods Tennis Complex, - REMAINDER OF TOURNAMENT CANCELED.
- Lincoln Southeast vs. East varsity boys dual postponed.
Published: August 24, 2023, Updated: August 25, 2023