Second LPS interview fair moved to accommodate large turnout
Lincoln Public Schools announced it is moving the location of its second summer interview fair to Pound Middle School (located at 4740 S 45th Street) on July 12, from noon to 6 p.m. to accommodate the large number of expected applicants. Anyone interested can fill out an application at the event - or ahead of time online - and be interviewed on the spot.
“We were thrilled to interview approximately 75 applicants during our June session and want to be able to accommodate that and more during our July interview fair,” said Genelle Moore, Human Resources specialist. “We still have a large number of positions to fill that will support teaching and learning at LPS. These interview fairs streamline the process by assisting interested candidates in filling out the application and being interviewed on the spot.”
Open positions include paraeducators, bus drivers, transportation paras, food service workers, food service manager trainees, head bakers, head cooks and custodians. There are still over 100 open positions to fill. Those planning to attend the interview fair can speed up the process by filling out a pre-interview registration form.
Last year, the Lincoln Board of Education approved negotiated agreements with several employee groups that include salary and benefit increases and bonus opportunities. The current salary ranges for the employee groups are as follows:
- Paraeducators: $14.64 - $18.49 per hour, plus hourly service year stipends after the first year
- Food Service: $15.53 - $23.10 per hour
- Custodial: $18.59 - $26.86 per hour
- Bus Drivers: $23.86 per hour with paid training to obtain a CDL and up to $1,500 hiring bonus. Plus, hourly service year stipends after the second year.
- Transportation Paras: $15.49 per hour with up to a $1,000 hiring bonus. Plus, hourly service year stipends after the second year.
Part-time (at least 17.5 hours per week) and full-time employees qualify for competitive health insurance, pension, generous leave and other benefits. Learn more about LPS benefits on our webpage.
Those interested in attending the interview fair need to bring the following:
- A valid email address for continued contact and communication
- Social Security Number and driver’s license
- Names and email addresses for at least three references that will be sent a survey upon completion of the application
- Work history that includes dates of employment, company names, addresses, phone numbers, supervisor names and email addresses
Because these positions work around children, all candidates will go through a complete background investigation. During the application process, candidates will need to share all prior criminal charges, pending investigations, and/or criminal convictions. Most criminal charges and convictions does not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment
For more information, visit the LPS website: lps.org/hr/fair.
Published: July 7, 2023, Updated: July 7, 2023