Meeting notices for the Lincoln Board of Education and ESU 18 - September 28, 2021
The Lincoln Board of Education and ESU 18 will hold regular meetings on Tuesday, September 28, at 6:00 p.m. located in the boardroom at Lincoln Public Schools District Office, 5905 O St.
Members of the public and media may access the meetings via live video streaming or by physically attending the meetings, which are subject to all national, state and local limitations on public gatherings associated with COVID-19. Following the current Directed Health Measure from the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, face coverings over the mouth and nose will be REQUIRED inside for all who attend the meeting in person.
The agendas for both meetings can be found here: lps.org/board.
There are multiple ways to view the livestream of the meeting:
- Board webpage
- LPS YouTube Channel
- LNK TV Education Channel
- Spectrum Channel 1303
- ALLO Channel 23
- Kinetic Channel 1080
- Apple TV and Roku (LNKTV in app store)
Overflow accommodations may need to be implemented to ensure the health and safety of all in attendance.
Participation by Citizens
The function of the regular meetings of the Lincoln Board of Education is to conduct the business of the Lincoln Public School District, as distinguished from providing an open citizens’ forum. The Board believes public attendance and participation, when appropriate to the business at hand, is beneficial to the work of the Board and models the importance of civic engagement and civil discourse to the community’s children. In keeping with this belief, the Board encourages and provides an opportunity for public comment through the Public Comment agenda item at its regularly held Board meeting, public hearings on important issues facing the District, and through many different forms of community engagement.
No signs, posters, placards, etc. shall be affixed to the walls, doors, etc. of the Lincoln Public Schools District Office or any room therein, except by LPS staff in connection with District business and then only with permission of the Superintendent or designee.
No sign, placard, or poster which is carried by hand shall be permitted in the Lincoln Public Schools District Office building or any of its rooms.
Following the current Directed Health Measure from the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, face coverings over the mouth and nose will be REQUIRED inside for all who attend the meeting in person.
In keeping with Board Policy:
- Persons speaking during Public Comment will be called forward individually by the Board Chair to the location identified for such purpose.
- A time limit of five minutes will be allotted for any speaker. At the discretion of the chair, the speaker may be allotted additional time. Board members may share, address or consider comments from the public during public comment, at the end of public comment or when related business is on the agenda.
- Each individual speaking to the Board will be required to identify himself or herself prior to giving public comment. A "Record of Appearance" card is provided for this purpose. Those speaking must provide their first and last name, address of residence, and what organization if they are representing one on the card prior to addressing the Board.
- Persons wishing to appear will be heard in the order in which the Chair of the meeting determines appropriate.
- In cases where more than one person wishes to speak on the same topic, their presentations to the Board may, at the discretion of the chair, be grouped together by topic.
- If the number of people wishing to speak under the public participation portions of the agenda is large, the chair may rule that a public hearing be scheduled or the discussion be limited on the issue in question.
- Persons speaking to the Board during public comment may make printed materials available to the Board but may not use any other form of media or displays.
Please note: Due to the number of anticipated speakers, the Board will hear up to one hour of public comment (agenda item number eight), followed by the business meeting and then the second public comment session (agenda item number 16). If at any time persons appearing before the Board exceed the time limitations set forth in this policy or on the agenda or if persons appearing before the Board or who are present at the Board meeting or public hearing become abusive in language or behavior, it shall be the responsibility of the chair to declare that person or persons out of order and to refuse permission to continue to address the Board, require a change in behavior and may require the person or persons to leave the premises of the Board meeting.
Published: September 24, 2021, Updated: September 24, 2021