Budget Public Hearing for the Lincoln Board of Education and ESU 18 - August 23, 2021
This Public Hearing is conducted under the provisions of the Nebraska Budget Act and other Nebraska laws. The purpose of this hearing is to receive input regarding the proposed budget of Lincoln Public Schools and ESU 18 for the 2021-22 school fiscal year. The input received in this hearing will be taken into consideration by the Board when it takes action on the proposed budget. The hearing will take place on Monday, August 23, at 6:00 p.m. located in the boardroom at Lincoln Public Schools District Office, 5905 O Street. This will be immediately followed by the ESU 18 Public Hearing.
Members of the public and media may access the public hearing via live video streaming or by physically attending the meetings, which are subject to all national, state and local limitations on public gatherings associated with COVID-19. The agendas can be found here: lps.org/board.
There are multiple ways to view the livestream of the meeting:
- Board webpage
- LPS YouTube Channel
- LNK TV Education Channel
- Spectrum Channel 1303
- ALLO Channel 23
- Kinetic Channel 1080
- Apple TV and Roku (LNKTV in app store)
Overflow accommodations may need to be implemented to ensure the health and safety of all in attendance.
Participation by Citizens
No signs, posters, placards, etc. shall be affixed to the walls, doors, etc. of the Lincoln Public Schools District Office or any room therein, except by LPS staff in connection with District business and then only with permission of the Superintendent or designee.
No sign, placard, or poster which is carried by hand shall be permitted in the Lincoln Public Schools District Office building or any of its rooms.
In keeping with Board Policy:
- Persons speaking during Public Hearing will be called forward individually by the Board Chair to the location identified for such purpose.
- A time limit of five minutes will be allotted for any speaker. At the discretion of the chair, the speaker may be allotted additional time. Board members may share, address or consider comments from the public during public hearing or at the end of public hearing.
- Each individual speaking to the Board will be required to identify himself or herself prior to giving public comment. A "Record of Appearance" card is provided for this purpose. Those speaking must provide their first and last name, address of residence, and what organization if they are representing one on the card prior to addressing the Board.
- Persons wishing to appear will be heard in the order in which the Chair of the meeting determines appropriate.
- Persons speaking to the Board during public comment may make printed materials available to the Board but may not use any other form of media or displays.
Published: August 20, 2021, Updated: August 20, 2021