LPS preschool program kicks off the new year
Thursday marked the first day of the 2019-20 school year for the Lincoln Public Schools preschool program, which serves more than 1,300 students and their families in 69 classrooms across the city.
LPS provides a comprehensive preschool program in which children: learn through play; make choices; increase social skills; and build confidence. The program provides:
- Inclusive classrooms that support the needs of all children
- Opportunities to socialize, solve problems and experience success
- Highly qualified early childhood educators
- Home visits that support families in the development and achievement of goals
- A variety of learning experiences in a safe, caring setting
- An evidence-based curriculum
- A focus on social emotional learning through daily teaching and practice of skills
- Promotion of safe and healthy practices and habits, including health screenings, family style meals and snacks, teeth brushing, cleanliness and safety
- Partnerships with families with opportunities for involvement in the classroom
For this school year, children who were at least three years old on or before July 31, 2019, and who had not yet turned five as of July 31, 2019, were eligible to apply.
Published: August 15, 2019, Updated: August 20, 2019