Apply now for the 2019-2020 Lincoln Public Schools Citizens Academy
Lincoln Public Schools is inviting Lincoln citizens to participate in its annual Citizens Education Academy, a series of monthly gatherings that include hands-on interactive experiences depicting a true, behind-the-scenes sense of LPS.
Meetings are generally scheduled the second Monday evening of each month, but also include several day meetings hosted at schools across the school district, and feature a wide variety of information and activities. Participants will have conversations with high school seniors, visit a Family Literacy class, create their own school budget and spend time in LPS classrooms, as well as tour The Career Academy and one of our Education Centers.
LPS will accept applicants for this free public outreach program on a first-come, first-served basis – however, participants are asked to be willing and able to commit the necessary time (see schedule below). If you would like to participate, please register by July 31, 2019 and send the following information to Julie Dansky, email@example.com:
- Your name, street address, email address and phone number.
- A brief explanation of why you are interested in attending the Academy (couple sentences).
- Sept. 9, 5-7:30 p.m. – Huntington Elementary School
- Oct. 14, 5-7:30 p.m. – Lincoln Southeast High School
- Nov. 11, 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. – Lefler Middle School
- Dec. 9, 5-7:30 p.m. – Don D. Sherrill Education Center
- Jan. 13, 5-7:30 p.m. – Moore Middle School
- Feb. 10, 9:15 - 11:15 a.m. – West Lincoln Elementary School
- March 16, 5-7:30 p.m. – The Career Academy
- April 6, 5-7:30 p.m. – Lincoln High School
- May 11, 5-7:30 p.m. – Graduation
For more information: Mindy Burbach, LPS Communications, 402-436-1619, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: July 26, 2019, Updated: July 26, 2019