November LPS Learning Lunch: Opening doors into our community
Lincoln Public Schools has an open door to embrace families and students from around the world, the “Welcome Center,” located inside one of our LPS middle schools.
The November LPS Learning Lunch will feature, “Welcome Center: Opening doors into our community for families from around the world,” set for noon on Tuesday, Nov. 20, at LPS District Office, 5905 O St.
The presentation will feature: Laura Salem, supervisor of the LPS English Language Learner program; Kelley Veselinov, English Language Learner assessment specialist; and Magdalena Benton, a bilingual liaison for LPS who walked through those Welcome Center doors – years ago.
Doors open at 11:45 a.m., please bring your own lunch – we’ll provide dessert. Learning Lunches are open to the public as well as LPS staff.
LPS Learning Lunches offer “Untold Stories of our Schools:”
- Tuesday, Dec. 11: Recruitment and Retention of Talent in LPS, Eric Weber, associate superintendent for Human Resources at LPS.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15: VOICE at LPS: Readiness for Resumes, Rent and Recreation, Tonya Jolley, coordinator of VOICE (Vocational Opportunity in Community Experience).
- Tuesday, Feb. 26: Budget Development in LPS, Liz Standish, associate superintendent for Business Affairs at LPS.
- Tuesday, March 19: Twenty-five years of student-built houses, Bob Freese, Lincoln Northeast High School teacher.
- Tuesday, April 16: LPS Student Debate, Mindy Murphy, curriculum specialist for English Language Arts for secondary education.
- Tuesday, May 14: Aprenda mientras toma su almuerzo con los Mariachis de las Ciudad Estrella! (Learn while you have your lunch with The Star City Mariachi Ensemble), Lance Nielsen, curriculum specialist for Music at LPS.
Published: October 25, 2018, Updated: October 25, 2018