First LPS Learning Lunch of year: Managing generational differences
Communicating with a Gen X-er? Supervising a Baby Boomer? Working with a Millennial?
The first Lincoln Public Schools Learning Lunch of the year will address: Beatles, Bee Gees and Beyoncé, Communicating and Managing Generational Differences – scheduled for noon on Tuesday, August 21, in the Board Room at LPS District Office, 5905 O St. Learning Lunches are open to the public as well as LPS staff.
Doors to the Board Room open at 11:45 a.m., the program begins at noon., questions-and-answers happen at 12:30 p.m. Please bring your own lunch – we’ll provide dessert.
Presenting the first Learning Lunch will be: Kay Byers, retired supervisor of LPS Elementary Personnel Services (and Baby Boomer); Nicole Regan, supervisor of LPS Secondary Personnel Services (and Gen X-er); and Robbie Seybert, director of LPS Employee Relations and Personnel (and Millennial).
LPS Learning Lunches offer “Untold Stories of our Schools:”
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: What’s in a Name? (Stories behind our school names), Ed Zimmer, Historic Preservation Planner, Lincoln Planning Department.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9: Informed Citizenship in Action: Student Vote,” Jaci Kellison, curriculum specialist for Social Studies, and students with a passion for Student Vote.
- Tuesday, Nov. 20: Welcome Center: Opening doors into our community for families from around the world, Laura Salem, supervisor, English Language Learner program.
- Tuesday, Dec. 11: Recruitment and Retention of Talent in LPS, Eric Weber, associate superintendent for Human Resources at LPS.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15: VOICE at LPS: Readiness for Resumes, Rent and Recreation, Tonya Jolley, coordinator of VOICE (Vocational Opportunity in Community Experience).
- Tuesday, Feb. 26: Budget Development in LPS, Liz Standish, associate superintendent for Business Affairs at LPS.
- Tuesday, March 19: Twenty-five years of student-built houses, Bob Freese, Lincoln Northeast High School teacher.
- Tuesday, April 16: LPS Student Debate, Mindy Murphy, curriculum specialist for English Language Arts for secondary education.
- Tuesday, May 14: Aprenda mientras toma su almuerzo con los Mariachis de las Ciudad Estrella! (Learn while you have your lunch with The Star City Mariachi Ensemble), Lance Nielsen, curriculum specialist for Music at LPS.