Teachers and children across the 65 Lincoln Public Schools preschool classrooms celebrated national Week of the Young Child April 16-20 with a variety of daily celebrations:
• Musical Monday: "Sing, dance, celebrate and learn"
• Tasty Tuesday: "Healthy eating and fitness at home and at school"
• Work Together Wednesday: "Work together, build together, learn together"
• Artsy Thursday: "Think, problem solve, create"
• Family Friday: "Sharing family stories"
The National Association for the Education of Young Children first established Week of the Young Child in 1971.The week’s purpose is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families, as well as to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. It’s a time to plan how we - as citizens of a community, a state and a nation - will better meet the needs of all young children and their families.
This year, LPS will serve more than 2,000 young children (ages birth to five) and their families through comprehensive and family-centered services.
Published: April 20, 2018, Updated: April 20, 2018