2018-19 LPS Learning Lunches: Untold stories of our school district
The 2018-19 lineup for the annual Lincoln Public Schools Learning Lunches series offers more “Untold Stories of our Schools” with Learning Lunches open to LPS staff and the Lincoln community – beginning with a program on Tuesday, August 21. Lunches are held in the Board Room at LPS District Office, 5905 O St. Doors to the Board Room open at 11:45 a.m., the program begins at noon., questions-and-answers happen at 12:30 p.m. Please bring your own lunch – we’ll provide dessert.
The 2018-19 season:
- Tuesday, August 21: Beatles, Bee Gees and Beyoncé, Communicating and Managing Generational Differences: Kay Byers, retired supervisor of Elementary Personnel Services; Nicole Regan, supervisor of Secondary Personnel Services; Robbie Seybert, director of Employee Relations and Personnel.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: What’s in a Name? (Stories behind our school names), Ed Zimmer, Historic Preservation Planner, Lincoln Planning Department.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9: Informed Citizenship in Action: Student Vote,” Jaci Kellison, curriculum specialist for Social Studies, and students with a passion for Student Vote.
- Tuesday, Nov. 20: Welcome Center: Opening doors into our community for families from around the world, Laura Salem, supervisor, English Language Learner program.
- Tuesday, Dec. 11: Recruitment and Retention of Talent in LPS, Eric Weber, associate superintendent for Human Resources at LPS.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15: VOICE at LPS: Readiness for Resumes, Rent and Recreation, Tonya Jolley, coordinator of VOICE (Vocational Opportunity in Community Experience).
- Tuesday, Feb. 26: Budget Development in LPS, Liz Standish, associate superintendent for Business Affairs at LPS.
- Tuesday, March 19: Twenty-five years of student-built houses, Bob Freese, Lincoln Northeast High School teacher.
- Tuesday, April 16: LPS Student Debate, Mindy Murphy, curriculum specialist for English Language Arts for secondary education.
- Tuesday, May 14: Aprenda mientras toma su almuerzo con los Mariachis de las Ciudad Estrella! (Learn while you have your lunch with The Star City Mariachi Ensemble), Lance Nielsen, curriculum specialist for Music at LPS.
Published: July 6, 2018, Updated: July 6, 2018