First Learning Lunch of LPS Season: Ed Zimmer, Stories from the LPS Archives
The first Lincoln Public Schools Learning Lunch of the 2017-18 season will happen at 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday, August 29 and feature Ed Zimmer, Historic Preservation Planner for Lincoln, talking about “Stories from the LPS Archives.”
LPS Learning Lunches, open to the Lincoln community are generally held on the last Tuesday of the month in the Board Room at LPS District Office, 5905 O St. Doors to the Board Room open at noon, the program begins at 12:15 p.m., questions-and-answers happen at 12:45 p.m. Please bring your own lunch – we’ll provide dessert.
The rest of the 2017-18 season:
- Tuesday, Sept. 26: “Seeds of Hope,” video from Nebraska Loves Public Schools featuring LPS staff members, special guest Oscar Pohirieth, LPS Cultural Specialist and Coordinator for the Bilingual Liaison Program.
- Tuesday, Oct. 24: School Meals: So much more than Chili and Cinnamon Rolls, Edith Zumwalt, director of Nutritional Services at LPS. * Serving chili and cinnamon rolls!
- Wednesday, Nov. 29: Social Emotional Learning: What is it and what does it look like at LPS, Carrie Erks, LPS School Social Worker.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19: Restoring Calm: LPS Response to Crisis, Brenda Leggiadro, LPS supervisor for Counselors and Social Workers; and Ursula Vernon-Hansen, facilitator, LPS Crisis Response Team.
- Tuesday, Jan. 23: Success with our Scholars, featuring LPS students and Pete Ferguson, coordinator, LPS Youth Development Team.
- Tuesday, Feb. 27: Kids vs. adults in LPS Spelling Bee, LPS Spelling Bee champions compete with LPS employees, Mindy Murphy, curriculum specialist, Secondary English Language Arts.
- Tuesday, March 27: Developing Young Men and Women, featuring Huntington Elementary School children and Rik Devney, Huntington principal.
- Tuesday, April 24: A Great Year of Achievement, highlighting LPS special education programs at Sherrill, Nuernberger and Yankee Hill Education Centers – Jane Stavem, associate superintendent of Instruction at LPS.
- Tuesday, May 15: Making Music, UKE can do it! Come try your musical talents with ukuleles, Lance Nielsen, curriculum specialist for Music at LPS.