2008 ASSESSMENT STUDY
The purposes of this assessment study:
- Select a nationally normed, standardized achievement test to replace the 8th edition of the Metropolitan Achievement Test that has been used in the district since 2001.
- Select a nationally normed, standardized ability test that may or may not replace the Test of Cognitive Abilities (CogAT).
- Select a standardized diagnostic reading test that may or may not replace the Stanford Diagnostic Reading Test (SDRT).
The goal of this assessment study:
- Make a recommendation to the Executive Committee regarding an achievement test to replace the 8th edition of the Metropolitan Achievement Test that is currently being used by the district. An annual norm-reference achievement test is needed to meet the assessment requirement of Board Policy 6600 (Regulation 6600.2) and the Nebraska STARS assessment system.
The structure of this assessment study:
- The process for identifying a new norm-referenced test will begin by identifying a steering committee. The steering committee will be comprised of directors, specialists, and others who are stakeholders in the management and use of NRT data. Departments represented on the steering committee will include Assessment, Staff Development, Curriculum (science, social studies, math, reading/English, gifted), Federal Programs, Student Services, Computing Services, and Special Education. Steering committee members will choose representatives from their departments to participate in working groups. Working groups will be assigned the task of evaluating exam materials against criteria deemed necessary for adoption of a new NRT. Our goal is to have a recommendation made regarding which assessments to implement in the 2008-09 school year to the Executive Committee by May 1, 2008.
Survey of Assessments The survey working group participants will fill out about each assessments. The Steering Committee will use these recommendations to determine which assessments to recommend to the Executive committee.
2007-08 Assessment Study Materials Table of assessments that will be reviewed
2008 Assessment Study Timeline Timeline for the study
Checklist of materials for review Checklist of assessments to be reviewed