Changes in LPS leadership positions
Lincoln Public Schools has announced several changes in leadership positions:
Changes in leadership positions
- Eric Weber will join the executive team at LPS District Office as assistant superintendent for Human Resources. He will replace Nancy Biggs, who is retiring.
- Dr. Liz Standish has been announced as the new associate superintendent for Business Affairs at Lincoln Public Schools. Standish is currently with Omaha Public Schools. She will replace Mark Shepard, who is taking a job with another school district.
- Kim Miller has been selected as the new director of Risk Management for Lincoln Public Schools. Miller is now the Claims and Insurance coordinator at LPS, and also has worked in other Risk Management positions prior to that job. She will replace Sue Wright, who is retiring.
- Bess Scott - currently director of Elementary Education - will move to the position Director of Continuous Improvement and Professional Learning. She is replacing Anthony Dancer, who is leaving LPS to pursue other opportunities.
- Cindy Schwaninger, current principal at Adams Elementary School, has been named the director of Elementary Education. She will replace Scott.
- Kathi Wieskamp, current athletic director at Lincoln Southeast High School, has been named to the same position for the school district. She will replace Karen Hand, who is retiring.
- Kelly Schrad, principal at Lefler Middle School, will move to become the principal at Goodrich next year. (She will replace Rachellé Conner who is moving to Kansas City with her husband.)
- Matthew Dominy, currently in Millard Public Schools, has been announced as the new principal at Adams Elementary School.
- Susette Taylor, currently at Lincoln Southwest High School, has been named as the principal at Irving Middle School. Current Irving Principal Hugh Mcdermott will continue working with Lincoln Public Schools.
- Jessie Carlson, currently at Lincoln High School, has been named the principal at Lefler Middle School.
Published: April 15, 2013
Updated: April 19, 2013